Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Departure...

Lady Sabina,

I'm sending this letter to Laura ahead of my actual arrival so you know to keep an eye out for me. If I don't show up in a day...please contact my companion?

A new peasant couple arrived in the Post today. Their attire was simple and obviously inexpensive, but no less pleasant on the eyes for it. The man wore a simple, roughspun shirt and leather britches, while the woman wore a dress made of a golden toned linen fabric with leather girdle and corset. The neckline of her dress was a touch lower then I would dare, and she went barefaced, but she was, after all, a peasant. At least her hair was up, though it did expose the long line of her neck. The couple was rather affectionate, I wonder if perhaps she is the man's only woman?


I've decided that for the trip to Laura I should wear something inexpensive as well. One never knows what kinds of condition the boat will be in, nor the quality of the lodgings on the way. I found a lovely dress that a local seamstress gave to me as a sample of her work that should do nicely. White linen blouse with a dyed leather corset and a bustled skirt of a gradient golden fabric. I'll wear a scarf in case there's a chill on the water, and of course my tailor's bag. As for the hair, well, lets just say that travel makes me a touch paranoid.


I look forward to seeing you in Laura, Lady Sabina. I'm bringing several nice gowns to strut around in with you while we see the state of fashion in that rustic city. Also...I look forward to seeing my daughter who's been away in fosterage. I should wear something red I think, to match her and her father's caste.

Until then, all my best.
~Lamya

Picture One-
Dress- Demons & Angels FREEBIE Women's Dress
Man- Demons & Angels FREEBIE Men's Outfit
Hair- Truth-Berri
Women's Skin-Soda Custom Skin
Men's Skin- Belleza-Ewan

Picture Two-
Dress- Moonstruck FREEBIE Women's Dress
Hair- Magika-Pincushion
Veil- Beyond the Veil-Lilo
Scarf & Bag- Tyranny Designs
Skin- Nevermore Studios-Hybrid II in Ardent
Undershirt- Fantasia:Fantasy Clothier Underthings

0 comments: