Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Visitation...

Lady Sabina,
I went to your office today to see you, but you were not in and I was informed you were with your new companion. My Lady....you hussy! I joke with you, I've often thought of rejecting the claim on me and moving on with my own life but...well...no prospects, so no point. In any case, yes I did arrive in Laura in red. I changed just before arrival to a very modest set of robes which I felt would keep me secure until I was past all the docking work and well within city walls again. It entertained me to no end to see the sailors scramble when they realized...well...thought...that the poor country bumpkin they had taken aboard was actually a rich, high caste woman of the Red. Perception is reality I suppose and worked happily in my favor this time. This dress has a beautiful tone-on-tone red brocade with pure golden embroidery at the hem of the robes, hood and veil. As I understand it, the creator is giving all the proceeds from the sale of this outfit to charity, so I felt even better about splurging with my money.


Once inside the city I felt more comfortable, and so to visit my daughter I went without hood. Rubies clung in my curls, while I wore a full dress of red and golden velvet. For modesty I left on the undermost layer from the robes I arrived in, as well as the scarf from that set, since it seemed to match so nicely. I'll tell you more of the visit when we meet up later.


In passing mention, have you seen that dark schendian girl with her hair in the ropelets? She belongs to the family fostering Amaya. Sweet girl, very shy, sort of a strange accent. I hope my daughter doesn't pick up the accent from spending time around her. She had a pretty little body wrap on in teal, and even wore nethercovering when I was around to avoid upsetting me. I couldn't decide if the fabric was a velvet which had gotten dirty, or if it was a new kind of crushed velvet. In either case, it was pretty enough, and modest enough, to satisfy my tastes.


I'll be staying in the Tharlarion Inn my friend, and hope to see you soon. You'll have to introduce me to your new companion. He's the administrator, is he not? Perhaps he has some high power friends in need of a wealthy companion who's already proven fertile? You can of course leave off that I'm technically low caste. And the bit about my teeth. And feet.

~Lamya

Picture 1-
Robes- Sakinah Hayati-RFL Edition
Skin- D-Skin
Eyes- Soda Skin Eyes

Picture 2-
Dress- Madison's Creations Anne-Ruby (undershirt and shawl from Sakinah Hayati)
Skin- Laqroki-Imani
Hair- Analog Dog-Embrace (gems also found at Analog Dog)

Picture 3-
Camisk- Analise-Jezabel
Collar- Infinity Inc.
Skin- Gala Refined Ebon
Hair- Calico Ingmann Designs-Mason

0 comments: